Have questions about how to request a purchase, enter an invoice, or manage your purchasing card? Jump on a zoom meeting with the Purchasing Team and have 1:1 assistance completing your Workday task!
- Perform the first level of compliance review after a transaction.
- Pay attention to details for each purchase to ensure that they adhere to Policies and Procedures.
- Protect the security of card and account number information
- Review transactions in Workday as merchandise/service is received – verify that amount billed is correct, list the Washington sales tax amount charged by the vendor, type in a description of the item purchased, enter the correct account Workday, spend category, and tax code.
- Upload a PDF copy of the itemized receipt in Workday.
- Reconcile transactions against the Account to ensure it posted correctly (BPPM 30.06, 30.07, and 85.33).
- Handle any disputed transactions with the vendor and JP Morgan Chase.
- Pay attention to details for each purchase to ensure that they adhere to Policies and Procedures. The cardholder is accountable for any policy violation associated with the use of their p-card.
- Know WSU purchasing procedures and what types of transactions are allowable/prohibited on P-cards; get prior approval to excepted purchases prior to making purchases.
- Know what types of transactions are allowable/prohibited for each budget/grant; obtain prior approval prior to making purchases when the transaction is on someone else’s budget.
- Ensure the security of card and account number information by keeping the card in the office in a locked location – do not carry the card in a purse or wallet, do not send the card number by e-mail or in an e-mail attachment.
- Complete a Checkout Log for delegated users with documentation to authorize use of the card.
- Obtained itemized documentation for each transaction and give original itemized receipts to the P-card Reconciler for reconciliation.
Once you Select and open a purchase, it becomes a Draft Transaction. Follow these steps to find the transaction that has already been opened.
- In the Workday Search Bar, type in FIND Procurement Card Verifications.
- Click on the magnifying glass to open the Draft Transaction and select files to upload.
- Select the PC# and click on the three dots that look like a twinkie.
- Hover your mouse over Procurement Card Transaction, and click on Edit.
- At the bottom of the Verification screen, click on the Select Files button to upload the PDF receipt you previously saved for this transaction.
- Select the SAVE FOR LATER, THEN CLOSE if someone else will be reconciling, reviewing, and submitting the transaction for you.
- Save your itemized receipt showing Supplier Name, all items, tax, total and DATE as a PDF file on your computer so it is ready to attach to the transaction.
- In the Workday Search Bar, type in Verify Procurement Card Transactions. Your name and the current date should appear.
- Under the Select column, check one box and click OK.
- At the bottom of the Verification screen, click on the Select Files button to select and upload the PDF receipt you saved in Step 1 for this transaction.
- Select SAVE FOR LATER, Then close if someone else will be reconciling, reviewing and submitting the transaction for you.
- Repeat this process to upload receipts for additional transactions.
- On the Washington State University Purchasing Card Application Website, select the $10,000 Single Transaction Limit – $30,000 Monthly Transaction Limit or the $3,500 Single Transaction Limit – $5,000 Monthly Transaction Limit as appropriate for your purchasing requirements.
- Enter the name and e-mail address of your program Administrative Manager for approval of your P-Card application in the Area Finance Officer (AFO) field.
- Have your supervisor e-mail your Administrative Manager the following information:
- Confirmation that they approve of this p-card.
- The name of the person who will upload receipts, enter account work tags, and submit transactions for review in Workday. Typically, this is the cardholder.
- The name of the Procurement Card Data Entry Specialist who will do the compliance review of transactions in Workday.
- After your Administrative Manager approves the application, it is sent to the Account Payable Card Services Manager for final approval. The Accounts Payable Card Services Manager will notify the Cardholder when the card is ready for pickup or arrange alternative delivery options.
All cardholders are responsible for reconciling their card or assigning this role to someone holding the Procurement Card Data Entry Specialist (PCDES) role.
An authorized University employee may obtain and use a procurement card to make University purchases that do not exceed the University’s direct buy limit. P-Card training is required. Approval for a P-Card must be obtained from the Unit Administrative Manager. Employees need to take appropriate training and pay attention to details for each purchase to ensure that they adhere to Policies and Procedures.
- Spend Categories
- Accounts Payable Procurement Cards Overview
- Workday P-card Reference Guides
- P-card Transaction Verification
- **Use spend Category: SC00254 Trackable Laptops, Tables, Notebooks to generate property inventory tag**
- WSU BPPM 70.08: Procurement Card
- P-card Change Request
- Workday Procurement Card Exemption Requests
- Adhere to WSU policies and procedures governing purchasing cards (BPPM 70.08).
- Provide direction for departmental purchasing card use.
- Review the Workday transaction and supporting itemized documentation to verify the appropriateness and proper documentation of each p-card transaction.
- Ensure supporting itemized documentation are attached to the transaction.
- Retain p-card records for six years after the end of the fiscal year for the transactions made prior to Workday.
- Ensure the p-card is canceled and destroyed when a cardholder leaves the employing department or if the cardholder’s duties change and no longer involve p-card transactions.
- Take appropriate action in response to cardholder or card reconciler violations.
There are three required trainings that must be completed before you are approved for a Procurement Card. Log into Skillsoft Online Learning and enter Purchasing Card at the top of the search bar.
- Under the Instructor Led Training (ILT) Tab, select Purchasing Card: New Cardholders and Enroll in a class.
- Under the Custom Tab, select WA State Small Purchases and launch the one-hour course.
- Under the Custom Tab, select WA State Purchasing and Procurement Ethics and launch the one-hour course.
Completed trainings are recorded on your individual transcript. You will not receive your Procurement Card until you complete the required training.
Please input invoices into Workday using the process ‘Create Supplier Invoice Request‘. The Finance and Administration Team will review the invoice and ensure it is paid correctly using the best method.
** If you need the content provided on this page in a different format, please contact email@example.com**